Thursday, July 12, 2007

Introduction

I can't believe this is my last class at Fuller!! I am finishing my M.Div. after starting a journey towards ministry over 10 years ago. In my previous life I was a software engineer in network test equipment design for over 20 years. I started a company in '91 with four partners and we were acquired in '96. This allowed me to leave engineering project managment in '99 to pursue ministry and seminary. Through seminary I discovered a love for theology and film and am currently starting a video production company to promote issues of social justice and spirituality.

My passion is for those seeking God outside the church. Many have been wounded by organized religion but are still seeking spiritual truth. I am opening a tea house this Fall to create a space for people to gather to relax, refresh, and relate in community. I plan to use creative arts (paintings, photography, music, spoken word, and film) to inspire people and stimulate their conversations. I am hoping this class will give me lots of ideas on how to engage people with the living text of the Bible in the tea house and through the videos we produce.

1 comment:

spirit2go team said...

thanks for being part of the class. i am very energised by hearing about your tea house. i would love to come and drink at it,

steve taylor